Wednesday, August 30, 2006

WIP Wednesday - August

Taking Sophie's lead, here are some of my current works in progress:

As mentioned earlier, my house is undergoing minor cosmetic surgery (I think I'm sublimating). Today the last two pieces of new furniture were put in place and now there're just a few more details to complete before I take the "after" pictures.

One of those details is making a table runner for the dining room. I chose a wonderful yellow and white striped silk, which I cut on the bias and channel-quilted with a layer of Thinsulate, using the dining room drapery fabric for the backing. One side will have a spring/summer look and the other an autumn/winter look.

The other WIP is a "Winding Ways" quilt for Lee Ann, whose address was Winding Way when she was in law school in Malibu. She spent a long time winding her way back home, but she found the way back and I'm so thrilled. There will be courthouse square blocks in the border. Today I seamed three rows of blocks … only 4 more to go. God, why did I tackle a king-size? This has been and will be a WIP for some time to come.


6 comments:

sophie said...

Love the tablerunner. Love the fabrics you're using for the WW quilt, too!

Debra Dixon said...

Lee Ann's quilt will be full of herstory. I love quilts like that!

Dorothy said...

That silk on the runner looks luscious! And I think the Winding Ways quilt is a beautiful tribute to a long journey. Why not get the top together and send it out for quilting? Done is the goal, and whatever it takes to get you there still, in the end, gets you there.

Jane Ann said...

Oh, I don't try to quilt anything myself that's larger than a crib size. I've learned I'm a piecer, not a quilter. At least until I get a larger space, which isn't likely any time soon. Thanks for the kind words.

Jules said...

The table runner is great. Like everyoe else said, the story of teh Winding Ways quilt is wonderful, as is the quilt. I moved to Georgia for grad school and never did find my way back home.

Rian said...

The table runner is smashing!

Not to be redundant or boring, but the story behind the Winding Ways quilt with the courthouse steps border is wonderful. I made one of those once and said never again. I love the colors in yours. Lively!